Saturday, May 24, 2014

August 15th, 1913 - May 24th, 2011

It's been three years since I wrote this post and for some reason, at that time, I chose not to reveal it publicly, but my feelings that I had then are still appropriate, so I have decided to share it now.

I'm having a hard time starting this post. I've started and deleted it several times already and I suppose I just need to keep writing. The problem is, it was a family event where we all gathered together and it was good to be with everyone as some we had not seen in a very long time, but the reason for the reunion was a funeral.

My husbands grandmother passed away this week, I had made a blog post about her a year ago February. She was 97 years old and had 8 children, 25 grandchildren over 44 great-grandchildren and 4 great-great grandchildren.
She was a very pivotal point of the family as you can imagine.  In this family all roads led to Mom, Grandma, Great-Grandma and Great-Great Grandma, What a legacy has been accomplished through her life!

She was as sharp as a tack right up until the end.

Where there was always food in some form. I remember not wanting to let her know I was visiting because she would insist on cooking a meal, and not that I minded her cooking at all, especially the chewies, but I didn't want her to go out of her way for me. And when this was brought up to her she acted as if what she was doing was nothing. And I suppose with having raised and fed 10 people, preparing a little pot roast for lunch would have seemed like nothing! 

It's funny how the busyness of life can consume you and the excuses make perfect sense at the time... and I do regret not making more time to visit with her, but at the same time I am also very thankful for time that I did have.

great-great grandma 343xx

You are greatly missed Grandma.

August 15th, 1913 - May 24th, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Below you can leave me a message! Ü

Bark-Bark... Whinny-Neigh... Cluck-Cluck... Quack-Quack... Oink-Oink... Baa-Baaa... Moo-Moo...??? ... Oh-No, Not Moo-Moos!!