Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Day in the Life of Webster...


We had originally planned on going to a homeschool outing but we were held up at our own home by unforseen circunstances, so instead we decided to just go to a playground near our house and eat our lunches, where there just happens to be a small pond also.

So what is it with boys anyway?

 043xx

It's not enough to stand back and enjoy the beauty of the surroundings.

019xx

They gotta dive in and experience things up close and personal...

038x

and find things!

040x
Like tiny fresh water clams?

So after we ate our lunches we went to a local farm not too far away from our house, where I picked up a dozen ears of corn, a cantalope, 3 green peppers, a bag of cucumbers and two big bags of ripe tomatoes.

The reason I bought the tomatoes isn't because I don't have any but because my own Big Beautiful tomatoes are systematically being taken out one by one before they're even ripe by (said sneeringly) Rrra-a-a-a-ats!!
And it's not like they even eat them, they just chew holes in them and go on to the next one! Grrrrrrr!

003x

Oh the indignation, exasperation and outrage!

I finally had had enough so I went out and picked all the tomatoes that were on the lower branches as it seems that is the ones that were being targeted.

005x

I am hoping that rats don't like to climb and eat at the same time... I'm sure I'll soon find out though.
I also set out a couple of rat traps and baited them with peanut butter but for some reason I don't think peanut butter is going to appeal to a rat that has green tomato taste buds?
Ahhhhh... I guess I'll be finding that out too!

So, the plan is to can green tomato relish with mine that I picked and make salsa with the ones I bought.

Anyway, on the way home from the farm Webster wanted to drive by the old swimming hole... you know just to check it out.

Yeah... right!

089x
Weeeeeee! Ü

I couldn't refuse his pleadings... so I let him go for a swim even if he wasn't wearing his swim shorts and had no towel.

082xx

Cause you know...says Webster
"Boys have gotta do what boys have gotta do!"

Ü

 

4 comments:

  1. YOU ARE HILARIOUS !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, and I bet you are a boy too! heh heh heh

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know who posted this dont you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely! Who else types in ALL CAPS Jim Bob!! ;-) hehehehe

    ReplyDelete

Below you can leave me a message! Ü

Bark-Bark... Whinny-Neigh... Cluck-Cluck... Quack-Quack... Oink-Oink... Baa-Baaa... Moo-Moo...??? ... Oh-No, Not Moo-Moos!!