Friday, June 24, 2011

To Die For... Stud Muffins!








I got the recipe for the above *stud* muffins featured in my slideshow from allrecipes.com   but they're not called stud muffins in their recipe... I wonder why? *shrugs* Oh well... I've only made one adjustment to the ingredients and that was adding the oatmeal to the topping. Oh wait, I did use 1/4 cup Demerara Cane Sugar in the topping, you know, the chunky kind so the topping would be exta sugar crunchy... Yum!
Oh okay... one more bit of advice! It says to fill the muffin cups right up to the top but I have found that it is better to leave room at the top and fill it up with topping that way it holds it in place and you can fit more as we all know that the topping is the best part!


To Die for Blueberry Muffins


Ingredients
(muffins)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1 cup fresh blueberries
(topping)
1/2 cup white sugar (1/4 white sugar and 1/4 demerara sugar)
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
(I add 1/4 or so of oatmeal because, you know, it's healthy! heh heh heh)


Directions


1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.


2.Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.


3.To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork (I used my pastry cutter as it was easier on my hand than using the fork), and sprinkle over muffins before baking.


4.Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.




Music created by Jason Shaw. “Jason Shaw @ audionautix.com”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Below you can leave me a message! Ü

Bark-Bark... Whinny-Neigh... Cluck-Cluck... Quack-Quack... Oink-Oink... Baa-Baaa... Moo-Moo...??? ... Oh-No, Not Moo-Moos!!