Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Wildflower Bouquet

I picked flowers from my garden and made a bouquet!
And the really cool thing is that almost all are wild flowers and weeds!
For flowers I have Tickseed Coreopsis; Oxeye Daisies; Loosestrife and Bedstraw and I tucked in a Lupine and a Foxglove.
And for the weeds... I used grass seed heads and a Curly Dock seed spike.

It's actually become quite the 'in' thing to do to use weeds and wild things!
I once saw bouquets of flowers at a wedding that had Poke Weed berries nestled in it! I thought it was ingenius and certainly made me think about what I could use for a bouquet! It seems some weeds are moving on up and taking starring roles mixed in with the good old standards. So move over roses, Poke Weed is coming on in!

Poke Weed Berries
Large Image of Pokeweed
Photo by Dr. John Meade, weed scientist emeritus
Rutgers Cooperative Extension


So go ahead and pick a vase of weeds!

Ü



No comments:

Post a Comment

Below you can leave me a message! Ü

Bark-Bark... Whinny-Neigh... Cluck-Cluck... Quack-Quack... Oink-Oink... Baa-Baaa... Moo-Moo...??? ... Oh-No, Not Moo-Moos!!