Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My Ode to an Arachnid

Sentinel in my stairwell hall
Freaking me out and yet so small
036x
Do you regard me?
All eight eyes glistening
Carefully contemplating
Fear to install?

042x
Why do you linger there?
Balancing suspended
Barbed legs poised
fanned out and sprawled?

044x

Are you plotting to jump and fall?
As I pass by... back pressed flat
against the stairwell halls far wall?

039x

Brave little Sentinel...
in my stairwell hall.

Yeah... this stupendously dorky poem was written by none other than Me...
Yep, I bet you didn't know I was so talented... I mean who knew? Poetry too? *Snork* Good thing no lives are depending upon it eh?

Anyway, I've had some things kicking around on the back burner that I've wanted to do for a while now and one of them is to make Orange Marmalade. Why? Because I like Orange Marmalade! I've never done it before though and  I haven't even got a recipe yet but I do have the Oranges! I bought an 8 lb bag of them at the store a couple of days ago because even with out having a recipe I kinda figured I would need them to make, you know, Orange Marmalade. I'm just hoping it's not to difficult... I really like the freezer jam recipes. They're so Easy Peasy, all you do is smash the fruit, mix in the pectin and some sugar and ladle into jars! Voila'!
But I'm thinking that marmalade can't be made that way?
Okay, I guess that's it... I'm off to find the perfect recipe. 

So until then...


May the Lord bless thee, and keep thee.

May the Lord make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee.

May the Lord lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

Num 6:24-26

The Farmers Wife

Ü


No comments:

Post a Comment

Below you can leave me a message! Ü

Bark-Bark... Whinny-Neigh... Cluck-Cluck... Quack-Quack... Oink-Oink... Baa-Baaa... Moo-Moo...??? ... Oh-No, Not Moo-Moos!!