Monday, January 10, 2011

Upwards and Onward!

Wow... as it would seem, I've been slacking when it comes to posting here lately! But it's just that I have been so busy through the holidays that I couldn't to do anything beyond the neccesities and then I kinda hung low for a little bit trying to recouperate.
But life has a way of going on and 'busy' never seems to cease and desist and 'busy'ness just switches gears and goes trundling on. So here we are in 2011... and 'Webster' has started playing basketball through Upwards Sports. It is a Christian based sports league which encompasses basketball, cheerleading, soccer and flag football. The emphasis isn't on the score but on learning teamwork and just having fun. And I love the fact that they include God in every practice and every game as they pray before the game starts and have devotions at half-time.

This is an except from their website on thier about page:

About Upward Sports

Upward Sports, the world’s largest Christian sports program for children, was created with a vision to provide the best sports experience possible for every child. Each year some one million people around the world play, coach, referee or volunteer in Upward Sports Leagues and Camps hosted by more than 2,400 churches. These churches have taken Upward Sports Programs to 67 countries on mission trips. Anyone – children and volunteers of any faith or no faith – can participate in Upward Sports. Specifically designed for children in K5- sixth grade, Upward Sports aims to bring out “the winner” in every child – regardless of the game’s score.

So here are a few pictures from Websters first game.

113
135

139

128
And then at half time there was a wonderful devotion about New years Resolutions!

130

I generally don't do such things anymore as I don't like to make rash decisions at the end of the year or feel like I am forced to make a commitment to something just because it is 'that' time of year again... but, there does seem to be one thing that appears to be a re-occuring desire every year and that is, I resolve to desolve the existing layer of fat that I have just accumulated over the holidays! Bah!
And this year is no different, although there seems to be a more urgent motive this time as it would seem that I have fallen a few years behind on actually succeeding!! So diet change, calorie counting and exercise are pressing hard in the forefront of my mind these days... *sigh*...

Hmmm... but I've heard cheerleading is really fun and good exercise...
129

I wonder if they would let me join in?

What? I like Pom Poms!!

Heh heh heh
 
On a more serious note... and as serious as I can be about New years resolutions because I really don't make them... the new year does bring about a symbolism of "newness"... it's a 'new' year... a 'new' beginning, and it does afford the perfect opportunity to begin something that needs a start date. And I suppose there is a bonus about doing it now because you'd have the whole year to get it done!
Now after saying that, I will say that I do have desires for this year, but it is the same for every year, and that is to be found in God's favor. In all that I do, I want to be pleasing to him because I want him to bless me, and keep me, and shine his face upon me and give me Peace... always!
And I want my confidence to be in Him so that in any situation I find myself I will trust that God is there with me and that He will never leave me and He will bring me through.

Though an army may encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war may rise against me, in this I will be confident. One thing I have desired of the LORD that will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in His temple.
Psalm 27:3-4



No comments:

Post a Comment

Below you can leave me a message! Ü

Bark-Bark... Whinny-Neigh... Cluck-Cluck... Quack-Quack... Oink-Oink... Baa-Baaa... Moo-Moo...??? ... Oh-No, Not Moo-Moos!!