Monday, January 31, 2011

When Life gives you Icicles...

So we are expecting yet another snow storm tomorrow and Wednesday... I am stunned, speechless... well not really, but almost! I can't believe how much snow we are getting!

126x132x

In the past few years I have increasingly been dreading winter, even during this past summer I kept thinking about dreading winter! But then when fall came I decided that I wasn't going to dread it until I actually Dreaded it! Did that make sense?

131x

Well, I decided that I wasn't going to spoil the wonderful fall weather by dreading something that may not happen! I mean who knows, maybe it would be a really warm winter and I would have ruined my extroidinarily beautiful fall for no reason, right?

133x

So I would see at which point it was that I actually hit bottom and had had enough... silly me! I was figuring that would be around mid-February! Well, I think I've been wallowing at the bottom for a few weeks now! Arrrrg!

148x

It reminds me of someone else I once knew. It was about twenty years ago or so, in the place where I used to live. We would be in the throes of winter, when it was not at all unusual  to hear a shout of acclaimation resounding through the neighborhood.

142x

And that shout was like a mantra of sorts and became expected to be heard at certain moments, either during an extended bout of extra-fridgid New England weather or perhaps it was in the aftermath of a nor'easter blizzard, but regardless, it was always the same. My neighbor, in a flash of desperation, from snowed in vehicles to frozen sidewalks ,would look towards heaven and lamant... "FLORIDA-A-A-A!!"

You know... I can Totally relate to that now!!

"FLORIDA-A-A-A!!"

Ü
 
So then? What are we going to do?
What do you do when Life gives you Icicles?

158x159x162x

Ya don't pucker up and Pout about it!

You Make Lemonade!!
Wheeeee-hehehehehe!!! 
Well, except in my case... I made ice tea!
Heh heh heh

080x

2 comments:

  1. Lovely Photos, Nice to meet ya!

    From Hawter Than Hades,
    South Texas

    Stay warm,
    Mal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey... Nakey Chicken! What a great name btw!...I want to come stay at your house... Please? :-)

    ReplyDelete

Below you can leave me a message! Ü

Bark-Bark... Whinny-Neigh... Cluck-Cluck... Quack-Quack... Oink-Oink... Baa-Baaa... Moo-Moo...??? ... Oh-No, Not Moo-Moos!!