Monday, May 16, 2011

Container Gardening

Every year, sometime in the beginning of May, I swing by my mother-in-laws house and pick up this planter (pictured below) and take it home with me. I then pull out all the old dead 'stuff' from the previous year, refreshen the soil and refill it with new live 'stuff', and then return it to her for her Mother's Day gift!
This is what it looked like when I brought it back to her this year. 

027x
I love the bright festive colors!

This next picture is of my cast iron urn that I found a few years ago at a yard sale. At this particular residence we were at, they had everything for sale. If it could be moved you could buy it! My husband couldn't believe that I actually hauled this thing out of the woods and over to the truck... what can I say?
I really wanted it!
hehehehe

073
I bet you would have done the same thing!

And the two terra cotta window boxes below I bought at the Goodwill for $3.99 each. I was surprised they were that cheap and they looked like they had never been used either!

070

Pretty pretty, eh?

072

When ever I first plant up my pots, they never seem to look all that great... but I have high expectations this year and imagine, that in a month or so, all these fantastically brilliant colors will be cascading over the edges of their pots and down the sides in a sorta Rapunzel like way!
Ü

No comments:

Post a Comment

Below you can leave me a message! Ü

Bark-Bark... Whinny-Neigh... Cluck-Cluck... Quack-Quack... Oink-Oink... Baa-Baaa... Moo-Moo...??? ... Oh-No, Not Moo-Moos!!