Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Butterfly 052x

At Christmas time, I like to reflect back on where we've been and where God has brought us and then I make up a newsletter of sorts to send it out with my Christmas cards to our friends and family. But for the past few years I haven't done it, not because I haven't had anything to write about for there has been plenty going on, but I think because I was caught up in all the busyness of life and just was not able to.
But now the dust is finally starting to settle on the whirlwind that has been these past few years and I am catching my breath. And there has been change. Some changes have been hard and some not so hard but still somehow I don't think change even when we know it is good is ever effortless.

And in the end no matter how easy or hard life can be I do know that God is working things for the best and I just need to trust in him through it. And it is something that I choose to do and to be honest I think that may be the hardest part sometimes... just letting go and believing that God knows what He is doing even when it seems my world is upside down... He still has everything in control.

 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding but in all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5

I do know that Gods track record in my life is spotless, He has never failed to take care of me... even when I make mistakes! God is soooo good like that!

We know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.  Romans 8:28

We have so much to be thankful for in life, whether we are high up on a sun shiney mountain top and can see for miles or down in a deep dark valley where we can't see the road or what step to take next... but God is there and we thank him for his provision and guidance He is ever present and abides with those who choose to abide with him.

And life on the mountain tops is so easy, life is good up there! We feel the blessings of the Lord pouring down on us like the warmth of the sunshine that lights up the sky, but it is those valleys that we dread we feel cold and alone and it can be very scarey.
I've been there... kidney failure was a deep dark valley that I did not want to enter. I knew the valley was there but hoped, then begged and pleaded that God would not have me walk that trail... but I did.
It is just like a horse that is trained to trust it's rider, I had to trust my God to take me into the place that I did not want to go and even though inside me I felt like panicking I had to trust him to lead me through it.
God knows what he is doing and it is because of my valley experiences that I have learned that I do not live by my feelings as they can be deceptive, God does not change at all... ever! He is the same God on the mountain and in the valley! I am thankful he not only reigns as the King of Kings but he also has the reigns of my heart and he will guide me through any valley of my life and and over any mountaintop and he will one day lead me home!

Christmas house 011x

I pray that you all have a blessed Christmas and will let Jesus reign in your hearts this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Below you can leave me a message! Ü

Bark-Bark... Whinny-Neigh... Cluck-Cluck... Quack-Quack... Oink-Oink... Baa-Baaa... Moo-Moo...??? ... Oh-No, Not Moo-Moos!!