Thursday, December 3, 2009

Skype!


A very good friend of my daughters (and a very nice friend too!) recently gave a gift to her and to me, and that gift was a Dynex video cam for our computers. What that has enabled us to do is make video phone calls (which is really, really cool!) and all we had to do was download a free service from the internet called Skype.
This has been such a blessing! I mean for people like us who live too far apart to be able to stop in for tea and crumpets once a week or even once a month we now are able to see each other daily! The only requirement is that we both have to be available at the computer!
But there is a limitation and that is the video camera isn't portable... which if it was I think that would be really really awesome... I mean I could give video tours of our house or even the farm, that would almost be like a virtual petting zoo, well, except that you couldn't pet them, or feed them... or smell them either... which that would be a good thing... but moving right along now...
So, I can't tell you how exciting this is, and for Webster who has been missing his Momma Sissy (and his Momma who has been missing her too) this has really been a miracle!
Not only have we been able to talk to each other and see each other but we can interact with each other too!

Skype 024a

Skype 026a

Skype 028a

Skype 030a


What an ingenious idea!! I LOVE it!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Below you can leave me a message! Ü

Bark-Bark... Whinny-Neigh... Cluck-Cluck... Quack-Quack... Oink-Oink... Baa-Baaa... Moo-Moo...??? ... Oh-No, Not Moo-Moos!!